Saturday 30 March 2013

Sugar headache cure: green juice


Happy Easter weekend! Hope you are all having an amazing long weekend. It the madness of Easter egg hunts and hot cross buns I thought I would give you something quick and easy. Maybe something to provide a little balance in an otherwise sugar heavy weekend. If you are like me after an afternoon of too much chocolate (we have all been there) you will be feeling fairly crappy. I have had a splitting headache all afternoon purely due to my sugar consumption. But the body has an amazing way of directing us to what it needs. With a few quick ingredients you can be back on the way up and not in the form of another sugar high.
When I have overloaded on sugar or other not so good for you foods my body sends me a very clear and strong message. Greens. Water. Now! Today, while crashing off a chocolate induced sugar high I reached for a green juice and a tall glass of water and it hit the spot. 
So in case you have found yourself in my position (it happens to the best of us) here is my go to pick-me-up to help you come back to balance.


Sugar headache cure: Green juice (serves 1)

2 stalks celery 
1/2 green apple
1/2 lemon (peeled)
1 cucumber
handful of kale 
1/2 tsp spirualina (optional)

Serve with a BIG glass of water. Try and find somewhere quiet to sit until you feel better.

Have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment